|About · Help · Recent Changes · Navigation · Searching · Editing||Categories · All Pages · Random Page|
Lua error: Cannot create process: proc_open(/dev/null): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted
WikiColdplay is a sister-site of the Coldplay fansite Coldplaying.com and is the world's first and largest dedicated Coldplay wiki site. There are currently 3,475 pages. WikiColdplay willl undergo a major redesign soon. Make sure to follow our twitter and like us on facebook! @wikicoldplay
Welcome Back & How to Sign-Up!
WikiColdplay is back and we need your help updating the wiki to modern times (ie. LP7) To sign up visit the sign up thread hereCheck out the pages that need updating below, just hit the edit button to update the information!
Pages that Need to be Updated - Difficulty
Discography - EasyNearly finished, EP's need descriptions. Songs - EasyThank you BiggerStronger for updating Awards - EasyThank you Alisbe Miracles - EasyThank you Alisbe, great job! Unbroken - EasyFinished by Stephen
- A Head Full of Dreams - Easy
Game of Thrones: The Musical - EasyThank you Alisbe
- Coldplay - Medium
- Setlists - Medium
Ghost Stories Live 2014 - MediumFinished by Stephen Ghost Stories - MediumFinished by Stephen
- Chronology - Hard
- Ghost Stories Tour - Very Hard
- Concert Reviews 2014 - Very Hard
- Coldplay Timeline - Very Hard
- A Head Full of Dreams - coldplay's unreleased seventh studio album
- Ghost Stories - the sixth album released in 2014
- Ghost Stories Live 2014 - the live album and a concert film available in stores now!
- Miracles - a song by Coldplay which was written and recorded for the 2014 drama film Unbroken, directed by Angelina Jolie.
- Game of Thrones: The Musical - A special project, created for the first Red Nose Day fundraiser in the United States!
- Coldplay Timeline - The Coldplay Timeline is a living history of the band, from their first rehearsal in 1998 to the present day.
- Concert Reviews 2014 - Coldplay's small tour promoting their sixth album Ghost Stories.
- Concert Reviews 2011 - Coldplay's multiple massive festival headline appearances for summer/autumn 2011 and ending with a European Arena tour!
- Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay's fifth studio album released in 2011.
- Concert Reviews 2009 - up to date setlists, reviews, tweets and links to all the 2009 shows!
- LeftRightLeftRightLeft (live album) - giveaway CD available at all the 2009/10 shows.
- Prospekt's March EP - The overspill of songs from the Viva La Vida era - leading to the release of this EP in November 2008.
- Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay's fourth album, released in June 2008.
Coldplay are an English rock band. Formed in 1997 in London, the group comprises vocalist/pianist Chris Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion. Coldplay achieved worldwide fame with their 2000 single Yellow, followed by the success of their debut album, Parachutes, which was nominated for the Mercury Prize. Coldplay went on to be nominated for this prestigious award on two further occasions, once in 2003 and again in 2005. Coldplay have been one of the most commercially successful acts of the new millennium, selling over 40 million albums. The band are also known for hit singles, including In My Place and the Grammy Award-winning Clocks.
Coldplay's early material was compared to acts such as Jeff Buckley and Radiohead, while also drawing comparisons to U2 and Travis. Since the release of Parachutes, Coldplay have also drawn influence from other sources, including Echo and the Bunnymen and George Harrison on A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002) and Johnny Cash and Kraftwerk for X&Y (2005). Both of these albums were released to great critical acclaim and commercial success. In 2002, A Rush of Blood to the Head was named as NME's Album of the Year.
Coldplay have been an active supporter of various social and political causes, such as Oxfam's Make Trade Fair campaign and Amnesty International. The group has also performed at various charity projects such as Band Aid 20, Live 8, and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Since December 2006, the band worked with producer Brian Eno on a fourth album, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. Released on 17 June 2008, recording sessions for the album took place during June 2007 to April 2008 and featured production by Jon Hopkins, Rik Simpson, Markus Dravs, and Brian Eno.
The band finished recording the fifth album, Mylo Xyloto in mid-2011. When Martin and Champion were interviewed by BBC Radio and asked about the album's lyrical themes, Martin replied "It's about love, addiction, OCD, escape and working for someone you don't like." When asked whether or not their fifth album would be out by the summer, Martin and Champion said that there was plenty of work to be done before releasing it. They confirmed several festival appearances before its release date, especially a headlining spot in the 2011 Rock Werchter, Glastonbury Festival, T in the Park, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Rock in Rio, and Lollapalooza festivals. On 24 October 2011, they released Mylo Xyloto, which was met with favourable reviews.